1. AWWWWWW – You guys, in just two weeks, I’m going to have a newborn!!!!!! Seriously, two weeks exactly! Because I didn’t feel well for most of it, this honestly felt like the longest pregnancy ever, and it’s finally almost time for it all to be completely worth it. I am SO excited!
This obviously calls for a flashback, newborn pic of Brady!
2. Hospital Bag – I ‘thought’ that my hospital bag was packed, but then my closet ran out of T-shirts that fit… And the bathroom ran out of toothpaste… And I sort of craved the snacks that I’d packed for Nate to eat at the hospital… Oh, and I ran out of hair gel… So I kind of raided my hospital bag a few times and now it isn’t finished at all. Ha, ha! Soooooo, I really need to get on that this week! Seems that a Target trip is in my near future.
3. Belly BUMP – At my last doctor’s appointment, my OB was concerned about my weight gain and just how large my stomach had gotten. (I had a major flashback to my pregnancy with Brady, because this happened then too). Turns out that – once again – I have too much amniotic fluid and a big baby. They think that baby Kaitlyn is already measuring 8 pounds, which means she could end up being a 10 pounder just like Brady was. And the amniotic fluid levels puts me on a slightly higher-risk status, so I’ll be watched more closely from now on. But even if she seems to be a big girl, Kaitlyn seems to be perfectly happy and healthy! 🙂 What can I say, I grow’em BIG!
4. My Mom – My mom is seriously the BEST! Not only did she watch Brady for the afternoon so that I could enjoy some much-needed down time (which allowed me to write this blog post AND catch up on reading some favorite blogs); but she also baked us a DELICIOUS, homemade Lasagna for dinner. Yeah, my mom ROCKS! I sooooo needed the break!
5. Nursery – Sooooo I get asked ALL the time about how baby girl’s nursery is coming along… I’m always a little embarrassed to admit it, but we haven’t worked on it at all. I’ve been really sick and weak this entire pregnancy, and also money has been a bit tight. I was super bummed about it at first, but – as you know – I’m not one to stay glum for too long. 😉 I decided that since Kaitlyn will probably sleep in our room for 5-6 months anyway, I’ll give myself a year to finish her nursery. That way, I can add a bit here and there, which will better fit into our tight budget.
You might remember that we were going to have Kaitlyn share a bedroom with Brady, but we decided to let her have her own room. (The playroom is going to be moved to the basement, which was finished a few years ago. Nate is working now on organizing / deep cleaning it, so that we can move the toys down there). We had already painted the playroom a lovely blue color, but we’re in luck since blue walls for a little girl’s room is totally the fad right now! I’ve decided on an owl theme, and here is some inspiration that I’ve pinned on Pinterest lately. (I love the picket fence and tree decals, so I’m pretty sure those ideas will be used for sure).
6. Blogging After a Newborn – My goal is to blog once a week once Kaitly arrives (with a couple of weeks taken off for recovery and settling in, obviously). I really, really, really want to document the newborn stage, despite the amazing craziness that comes with bringing a baby home. 🙂 The memories are so precious and easily forgotten. But even if I won’t be blogging a ton at first, I do hope to keep Instagram updated. So if you don’t already follow me, definitely click here, so that you don’t miss out on updates!! 🙂
7. Easter! – I host Easter every year, but I definitely wasn’t up to all that baking / cooking this time around. So I provided the house (along with the ham, homemade bread, and potatoes), and my mom and sister brought over everything else. The day was a warm one (80 degrees!), and I just can’t tolerate the heat when I’m pregnant. So I was relieved to just be able to enjoy time with my family without having to do much work in the kitchen.
I may have been a tad bit cranky (as I was SO uncomfortable and nauseous), but I really did still enjoy the day. 🙂
8. Team Pink – Has anyone tried the new, Starbucks pink drink? I have absolutely no idea what it tastes like, but it’s just so pretty that I want to order one… Hmmmm, maybe there’s a Target AND Starbucks trip in my near future?? 😉
9. What have YOU been up to?? 🙂