It’s been so long since I blogged that I thought I should jump back in with a bit of a “this is what we’ve been up to” post. 🙂
1 . I’ve dropped one of my teaching days, so now I only teach piano one day a week. It’s a very full day (as I squeeze 13 students into that one day), but it has been working so well for me. My mom watches Brady for the day… and then I’m done for the week and can focus on being a mom. I’m so blessed to have this incredible opportunity!
2. Nate has started training to drive a school bus, and he positively loves it! (He pretty much talks about it all the time and is taking his newfound driving skills quite seriously). He wasn’t allowed to work after the assault and has only now (4 years later) been cleared to work part-time. I love seeing him so productive and happy!
3. Fall has arrived to New England (even if the foliage isn’t all that great this year, thanks to the drought). I’ve been obsessed with all things pumpkin, including this “you had me at pumpkin spice” tank top from Target. I gave up caffeine for the pregnancy, so I haven’t had a PSL this year (and the food intolerances have made coffee sound less than appetizing anyway). But thankfully, this tank is caffeine free! 😉
4. Is anyone else noticing that the pumpkin spice craze has maybe gone a bit too far though? I mean, I love pumpkin! But it’s kind of like seeing Christmas decorations at the store in October… Too much is too much. It’s everywhere!
Still, I’ll bet this pumpkin pasta sauce would be savory and delicious. Kind of kicking myself for not buying it… 🙂
5. Speaking of food intolerances, for every five foods I can’t eat, I have a craving. And my cravings are specific. Like I needed fudge swirl icecream from Friendly’s two weeks ago. (It had to be Friendly’s. I hate it when you buy fudge swirl icecream, and what you end up with is vanilla icecream with one melted sprinkle in it. Fudge swirl should have globs of fudge swirled through it, and Friendly’s just knows how to do that).
Then last week, I wanted burgers. But not just any burger, I wanted a Whopper Jr from Burger King. That faux-grilled burger topped with iceburg lettuce, mayo, ketchup, and stale white buns was what I needed. Thankfully that craving lasted only for an afternoon! I’m generally not a fast-food girl, but a preggo woman needs what a preggo woman needs.
6. Brady is getting SO big. He talks all day long; and although most of it is gibberish, it’s obvious that he’s going to be a chatter like his mama. 🙂 He’s curious like his daddy though and has absolutely no fear. He’s always experimenting, and climbing, and giving me mini heart attacks. He also makes me and Nate so unbelievably happy, and we love him to death!
7. I have a bunch of mommy stories, life updates, and preggo blogs to share in the upcoming future. BUT are there any specific blogs that you want to see? Or is there a question that you’d like me to answer in an upcoming Q&A post? Let me know!! 🙂
Happy (almost) Monday, my friends!!!