1. I’ve been wanting to make a rosette cake for months now, so I jumped at the opportunity when my friend needed a smash cake for her little girl’s first birthday photo shoot. I was happy how it turned out for a first attempt…
Practice will only make future cakes that much more perfect. 🙂
2. My sister was the photographer for the cake smash photo shoot, and she did an awesome job!
So here’s the thing… Both she and I are passionate about photography, BUT she takes it to an entirely other level.
It’s like me and baking. People say I’m a really good cook, and I even get a handful of paid orders every year for my cakes or cupcakes. But if I were to go up against a professional like Paula Dean? My food would still be good, but hers would be amazing.
That’s a similar comparison to the pictures my sister and I take. I love photography and many people say I’m pretty good at it. But Sarah is really good at it. Like she could be doing this professionally as a career. (Who knows what the future holds… I’m hoping she’ll turn it into a career one day and then she can hire me to be her assistant)! 🙂
(Fun fact: Brady is obsessed with this little girl. 😉 He’s even kissed her on the head twice. Our entire church teases that they’re boyfriend and girlfriend. Ha, ha).
3. I’ve been having a lot of fun behind my own DSLR these past few days! Lately, I’ve been into taking still-life shots and then adding a Bible verse or inspirational quote to it.
4. Onto less pretty pictures… 😉
I finally broke down and bought myself a new pair of sneaks! Most of my running friends swear by Asics, but they just don’t fit my feet right. I took a drive to the outlets and purchased a pair of $75 New Balance sneakers for $45. Not too shabby! I can’t wait to test them out on a run tomorrow.
5. I found this picture from last summer, and it made me long for the warm sunshine. It also made me miss my happy yellow car! My ‘new’ black car has been very reliable, and for that I’m unbelievably grateful.
But I miss my Bumblebee soooo much. 🙂 (Does anyone else out there name their cars too)??
6. Speaking of summer… Let’s talk summer plans!!! 🙂 I decided to take two months off from piano teaching this summer, and I’ve been busy planning fun things for us to do as a family.
Nate, Brady, and I are going back here for two nights in June,
here for two nights in August,
AND then this girl (my sister) and I have a two-night adventure planned for the end of August!! 🙂 I can’t even tell you how excited I am about that.
7. If you aren’t already following me on Instagram, you should! 🙂 I’m going to try posting more regularly there… and to include photo’s that don’t end up on the blog (like these dessert parfaits that I whipped together the other night).
8. What have you been up to lately??