Nate and I made it away this past weekend on a mini vacay to the White Mountains with baby Brady. Here are 10 things I learned while we were gone…
- Painted nails make me feel a million times better. I know that it’s such a little thing, but – honestly – doing that small, ‘selfish’ thing for myself makes me feel so much more like myself. This was the first time I’d painted my nails since June and only the second time I’d painted them since Brady was born. It just felt nice… and special.
2. Brady is such a little ham and eats up every bit of attention that he can possibly get. But this past weekend, I saw that bring joy and happiness to stranger’s faces. There was an elderly woman, in particular, who was wearing a somber expression on her face as she was sitting by herself in a café. No matter how I tried to encourage him to focus on his food, he continued to ‘call’ out to her, waving… smiling… laughing. I was afraid that we were going to disturb her; but – just as I was considering packing up to leave – I saw a smile break over her face, and she sent a little wave back to him. She then came over to chat with us about how special Brady is and about how she’d never seen such a happy little boy.
This is just one of many situations during which I saw Brady greet complete strangers with the biggest, brightest smiles that he possibly could. He had so many people laughing and smiling… Honestly, I hope he never loses that smile of his! 🙂
3. I am SO glad that pumpkin is back! Pumpkin everything!!!
4. Brady loves hats just as much as his mama does! 😉
5. Time goes by SO quickly once a baby arrives! Last year, I posed in front of this sign with my dad, because I was all excited that it said ‘baby’… and I was expecting my little boy. This year? I had the little baby with me! I can’t believe that he’s already 10 months old at this point!
6. Reliving my favorite vacations and activities through the eyes of my little guy is such an amazing experience. I love it so much!! 🙂
7. There’s something to be said for action-packed vacations filled with memorable activities that make you crash in an exhausted – yet happy – state at the end of the day. But there’s also something to be said for the quieter, sweeter vacations too. I wouldn’t have changed one of our nights, which were spent reading books to Brady and snuggling together while watching a movie. 🙂
8. There should be Mama-sized cups of coffee sold at Dunkies. ‘Nough said!
9. There’s apparently another Republican candidate running for President (as if there weren’t already enough), and we met him this weekend. He seemed a little seedy, but I’m going to wait for the debates before I officially decide what I think about him.
10. I love my little family SO much! 🙂