- Can we pause a moment to reflect on the awesomeness that are these paper towels? I mean, they have Minions on them!!! I discovered them, when I was pet-sitting for my sister this past weekend. I almost left a note on her kitchen table that read, “It was no trouble watching your cat. Oh, and thank you for the paper towels.” Because obviously, I needed them!
2. Can we also pause a moment and talk about the fact that there is a Minion movie coming out next month?!?
Yes, I did just turn 32. But no one is ever too old to love Minions…
Moving on… 🙂
3. For lunch on my actual birthday, Nate treated me to a picnic of pizza and iced coffee at the lake. Yes, that was pizza twice in one week. But when you’ve gone so long without dairy (and without pizza), you have some ground to make up. Plus I’m still limiting my dairy intake, so – you know – I have to make it count whenever I do have it. 😉
4. Brady went ‘swimming’ for the first time in his new pool the other day, and he loved it! (By the way, the bathing suit is supposed to be for an 18 month old. He’s six months. No explanation needed when you check out his milk belly).
5. One of my favorite times of the day is when Brady is winding down for sleep. He’s extra cuddly, and he loves to snuggle up against me while I read him his favorite book: Moo, Baa, La, La, La. My heart melts every time…
6. Cupcakes! 🙂
My best friend Liz had a birthday last week, and I made her these as a special treat. They just might be my favorites out of all I’ve decorated so far. They’re simple, but elegant.
And I also decorated cupcakes for the mom of one of my friends this weekend.
I decided on a flower theme, and I heard that they were a hit at the birthday party. THAT made me soooo happy! I love baking for others and putting a smile on their faces!!
(I already have an ‘order’ for another batch of these flower cupcakes, come July, for a little girl’s Dinosaur Garden Party themed birthday)! 🙂
7. Brady already has two teeth that came in… How is he getting big so fast?
8. My cousin started selling Jamberry nail wraps, and Nate told me to treat myself by buying a few.
I’ve never had a pedicure, so spending money on nails isn’t usually my thing. But that being said, I love having nicely painted nails, just as much as the next girl. 😉 I’ve just always painted them myself (and hoped no one looked too closely and noticed that my right hand looked as though a six year old did it).
Anyway, I love that the nail wraps are non-toxic, that they have no fumes, no dry time, and they’re supposed to last up to two weeks. That is way more practical for a mom like me who most definitely doesn’t have time to touch up her nails every other day!
I received them a couple of weeks ago, but I haven’t had the time (or energy) to figure out how to use them though!! 🙂 Hopefully I’ll try them out this week, and I’ll write up a review for all of you! (Have any of you already tried Jamberry nails? If so, what do you think)?
9. I’ve been doing SO much better when it comes to slowing down!! I’ve said ‘no’ when I need to and made sure that I’m not over-booking myself. Today, I had absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to go, which still doesn’t happen all that often . So I spent the day snuggling with my lovebug AND I even took a nap!!! Yep, it was an amazing, rainy day, for sure!
10. Life is Good! 🙂