Happy Friday, Everyone!! 🙂 Is it just me or did this week absolutely FLY by? I honestly can’t believe that the weekend is already here.
Jeni from Sunny Day Sundays nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, which was so very kind of her! 🙂 Her blog always brings a smile to my face, especially when she posts pictures of her adorable baby boy! He’s just too cute!!
The nomination definitely brought a smile to my face, so thank you, Jeni! Thank you soooo much!
Here are the rules for this award:
1. Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here are seven facts about me:
1. When I was super little, I told my parents that I was going to marry Michael Jordan someday. I had seen his picture on the Wheaties box, and I figured that you couldn’t get much more famous than that.
2. I had many guy friends growing up… but only one boyfriend. And I married him. (I guess you don’t need to date more than one, when you know – for sure – that you’ve found the one). 🙂
3. I had been a Freshman in college for just two weeks when the September 11th terrorist attacks happened. I was thousands of miles away from home (in Florida), and I was beyond terrified. I don’t know what I would have done had it not been for three girls I met soon afterward on campus. Mandy, the beautiful bride in this picture, asked me – after Speech class – to join her for lunch… and the rest is history. The four of us became inseparable over the next two years, and I still think of them as sisters. We stood together through some hard times, but also many beautiful times too.
4. While I was a Junior in college, a girl who lived in my dorm used to tease me about how I’d one day marry a mountain man, have ten kids, and drive a mini-van. I have no idea how this joke started, nor do I have any idea as to why it somehow managed to bother me so much. At any rate, I still hate mini-vans to this day. 😉
5. When I was a little girl, I almost drowned on a family vacation. My parents were inside the cabin making dinner, thinking that I was playing on the beach with my brother and sister. I had been, but then I decided I wanted to float around on a water-tube for a little while. (I was too little to realize the dangers of going out into the water alone. And my parents didn’t realize I had left the beach… It was one of those ‘ they closed their eyes for two minutes’ kind of things). Anyway, as I bobbed along on the waves, the tide came in; and my dad stepped out of the cabin in time to see me floating away. By that point, I was a little speck in the far distance, almost out of the small bay and into the endless ocean. (I should add that I didn’t yet know how to swim). My dad had to run – and then swim – out for a very long distance, and he saved my life that day.
6. I’ve yet to write about it; but when I was 15 years old, I struggled with an eating disorder. I keep wanting to write about it… And I think I’m close to being able to share that experience. I guess I’m just waiting for the right words.
7. When Nate and I were just becoming friends, we attended a Christian, outdoor concert together, along with a large group of mutual friends…
Just as Jars of Clay began to sing Flood (Rain, Rain, on my face…), the clouds opened up and it began to downpour. The crowd instantly scattered, and I lost sight of our entire group. Nate had been beside me, so he grabbed onto my hand so that I didn’t get caught up in the stampede of running people. I instantly stiffened, fearing that this guy – who I really didn’t know well – was being fresh and just looking for a reason to hold my hand. So I let my hand hang limp… but I didn’t pull away, because I also didn’t want to get lost by myself in this darkness. Nate really was just trying to protect me and still – to this day – tells people that holding my hand that first time was like holding a wet fish! LOL!!
Don’t worry, we like holding each other’s hands now. 🙂
Last but not least, here are 15 blogs that I recommend checking out (and who I nominate for the Very Inspiring Blog Award). I read so many amazing blogs (so really, I should be nominating every single one of them), but these are just a few that I’ve been reading for awhile now and on a regular basis. 🙂
They’re fun, so I thought you might want to check them out this weekend!