1. I still have an aversion to a lot of veggies, and my obsession with corn on the cob hasn’t subsided in the least. When I saw this cookbook during my weekend travels, I may have squealed out loud.
2. Once I have an official baby bump, I will most definitely need to buy this sweatshirt. ‘Nough said. 😉
AND I’m kind of in love with this T-shirt, so I might have to add this one to the shopping cart too.
3. Lately, I burp a few times every time I finish eating. And since I’m eating all the time to keep the nausea at bay, I burp all the time. I’ve heard that burping is considered a compliment (as apposed to a vulgar practice) in some Asian countries, so I am considering moving to Asia for the next few months. I’ll probably be the most polite, complimentary person in the entire continent.
4. I’m happy to say that the tidal-wave of emotions that came with early pregnancy has now settled, and I feel like a human version of myself again. It got pretty crazy there for a few days. One moment, I’d see a squirrel running across the lawn, and I’d want to cry. Then I’d suddenly wish I had a gun, because I was really angry at that squirrel.
I’m not an angry person at all, so being angry for no reason freaked me out. Thankfully that only lasted about a week, and now I’m nauseous… but quite happy. 🙂
5. I’ve had a meat aversion for weeks now. Apparently it has been even just one day too long; because while Nate was opening a can of cat food today to feed the pets, he paused, stared longingly into the can, and then thoughtfully said, “I wonder how this would taste.”
Don’t worry, I promptly sent him out to buy himself a burger, so he didn’t have to resort to cat food! 🙂
6. Over the past few days, I’ve come to realize that I couldn’t care less about sweets. Icecream in particular has lost its appeal. (Oh, who have I become???). Nate bought some of my favorite icecream (cherry chocolate chip) the other day, and I ended up boiling myself a small bowl of pasta instead. I ate it, plain, in bed while watching a movie; and he enjoyed the frozen treat that had been meant for me.
Before my pregnancy, had you told me that I’d chose a bowl of plain spaghetti over a dish of icecream, I would have laughed until I cracked a rib. Now that I’m pregnant, I think it’s a perfectly normal and delicious practice.
Tell me something new about YOU!! 🙂