Happiness is realizing that there is only one day left to Fiscal Year End. Then the craziness will subside and life will start to feel normal again.
**insert choir of angels singing**
I realized today, on my drive home, that Nate and I haven’t gone on a date in awhile. When we have free time these days, I’m more than happy to have a relaxing evening at home spent in front of the television. But as much as I’ve needed that time to chillax, I’m looking forward to being creative, getting out, and just making memories together.
On Pinterest, I found a list of date suggestions, which were originally posted on the blog What You Make It. There are some great suggestions that I hope to enjoy in the near future!! (And you know I’ll share how the dates went). 🙂 In fact, I think I’ll add a few suggestions of my own in the near future and then create a page on this blog (kind of like my Life Sparkle’s List), where Nate and I can check off the date ideas we’ve tried!
Here are a few of my favorites…
1. Use YouTube to teach yourselves something new.
2. Work on a home improvement project together.
3. Invite friends over for dinner.
4. Go mini-golfing.
5. Shop for all the ingredients and bake a pizza together.
6. Have a picnic.
7. Go to a concert or music event.
8. Take goofy pictures together.
9. Visit a tourist attraction in your city and go sightseeing.
10. Take a drive.
11. Go out for ice cream – or fro-yo…
12. Play a board game.
13. Bake something together. Take it to another level by dropping off the baked goods at
a friend’s house to surprise them!
14. Go to a local event or festival.
15. Decorate mugs together.
16. Visit the local art museum.
17. Check out the local farmer’s market
18. Read a book together!
19. Make cards or a gift for someone.
20. Go watch the sun set somewhere lovely.
21. Get a friend to do a photo shoot!
22. Work on your own hobbies, but in the same place at the same time.
23. Let your other half pick out the activity! Whatever it is, go all out and enjoy it, just to encourage him
24. Go to a coffee shop and catch up on life. Sometimes it’s nice to
25. Hang out at the library and read some books, or pick up some
to take home.
26. Plan your next vacation together
27. Take a hike (literally).
28. See a local sports event – even if it’s a school sport.
29. Ride bikes.
30. Volunteer for a service project together.
31. Try a new restaurant or explore a new place you haven’t visited nearby.
32. Take a road trip to visit friends.
33. Take dance lessons.
34. Learn how to play an instrument together.
35. Check out Groupon or Living Social for deals on fun things to do – and then go do something!
Do you have any suggestions that I should add to my date idea’s list???
Check out What You Make It for the complete list. Which idea is your favorite?? 🙂